Comparing and finding cheap rates for Honda Civic insurance in Springfield is nearly impossible for drivers who are new to online rate comparisons. You have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a burden to find cheaper Honda Civic insurance rates.
Unbelievably, over 70% of Massachusetts drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save $860 each year, but they don't believe how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Quoting and buying the best policy in Springfield is quite easy. Basically, every car owner who is overpaying for auto insurance should be able to find lower rates. Nevertheless, Massachusetts car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies sell insurance online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurance providers don't list every discount they offer very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Good Student - Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in Springfield may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Driver's Education for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver's education course if offered at their school.
- Club Memberships - Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount when shopping for car insurance.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
Some companies who may offer these benefits are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Savings might not be offered everywhere. To see a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Massachusetts, click here.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing more rates from different companies helps increase your odds of locating the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Massachusetts. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$134||$310||$434||$26||$130||$1,034||$86|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$406||$340||$20||$102||$1,046||$87|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$704||$404||$24||$122||$1,500||$125|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$216||$580||$544||$32||$162||$1,534||$128|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$512||$438||$26||$132||$1,364||$114|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$426||$378||$22||$114||$1,098||$92|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$158||$466||$438||$26||$132||$1,220||$102|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$578||$378||$22||$114||$1,314||$110|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$282||$810||$404||$24||$122||$1,642||$137|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$182||$372||$548||$32||$164||$1,298||$108|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$726||$378||$22||$114||$1,488||$124|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$138||$382||$472||$28||$142||$1,162||$97|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$406||$378||$22||$114||$1,124||$94|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$282||$654||$426||$26||$128||$1,516||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates greatly.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Honda Civic annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Honda Civic annual premiums for males versus females
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Honda Civic auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents drive up Honda Civic auto insurance rates for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Do I need an insurance agency?
A lot of people still like to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agents is still important in Springfield.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, just visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Listed below are Springfield car insurance companies that may be able to provide price quotes for Honda Civic insurance in Springfield.
- Stevens Insurance
1218 Westfield St - West Springfield, MA 01089 - (413) 739-2156 - View Map
- Bates Fullam Insurance Inc
975 Elm St - West Springfield, MA 01089 - (413) 737-3539 - View Map
- Sullivan Keating and Moran
840 Liberty St - Springfield, MA 01104 - (413) 781-5750 - View Map
- Slosek / Martas Insurance Agency
170 Springfield St - Chicopee, MA 01013 - (413) 734-3690 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
What is YOUR best insurance company?
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium and policy cancellation. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Springfield is possible both online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Massachusetts Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Massachusetts Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)