I really doubt anyone loves paying for insurance, especially knowing the price is too high.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Massachusetts drivers could save themselves 45% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand how much money they would save if they just switched companies. Drivers have so many car insurance companies to choose from, and although it's nice to have a selection, it makes it harder to compare rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in Boston.
Don't neglect these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all discounts very clearly, so we researched both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Student Discounts - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Boston auto insurance quote.
- Boston Homeowners Discount - Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Low Miles Discount - Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to take driver's ed class in high school.
- Discount for New Cars - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Boston auto insurance quote as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
A partial list of companies that have many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not be offered in Boston.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Boston, MA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agency?
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agents is important especially in Boston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that can provide free Boston auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to drive around as quotes are delivered to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
When finding local Boston agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies to choose from. Car insurance agents in Boston can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can sell affordable car insurance policies, but we need to point out how they differ because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing car insurance rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Boston that may be able to give you price quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. These agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Boston that can give you comparison quotes.
Finding a good auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How many companies do they write for?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
Cheaper auto insurance premiums are out there
We covered some good ideas how you can shop for Chevy Cruze insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Boston auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with an unexpected company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Brockton, Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Massachusetts Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)