Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced auto insurance can empty your monthly budget and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Doing a price comparison can lower your rates and help to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Amazingly, the majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save themselves up to 47% a year by just shopping around, but most just don't grasp the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company. Drivers have many insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it's nice to have a choice, having more insurers makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Locating the best rates in Worcester is quite easy. If you currently have car insurance, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using these methods. Smart buyers just need to understand the fastest way to compare different rates over the internet.
Cheapest companies for Ford Fusion insurance in Massachusetts
The car insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Worcester, MA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$510||$350||$20||$106||$1,234||$103|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$630||$378||$22||$114||$1,424||$119|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$476||$418||$24||$126||$1,280||$107|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$176||$370||$404||$24||$122||$1,096||$91|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$184||$352||$320||$18||$96||$970||$81|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$456||$452||$26||$136||$1,292||$108|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$382||$378||$22||$114||$1,068||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates substantially.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Ford Fusion insurance costs for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Smart Consumers Know How to Buy Insurance More Affordably
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although some other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The items below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Marriage can lower costs - Having a significant other actually saves money on your policy. It is viewed as being less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Responsible drivers pay less - Having a single citation may increase your cost substantially. Attentive drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. People who have dangerous violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts - Most major insurance companies apply a discount to people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, it's always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still save even more even if you insure with multiple companies
- Credit rating impact insurance premiums - Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. People that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit is lower than you'd like, you may save money insuring your Ford Fusion if you clean up your credit.
- Ford Fusion claim data - Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Ford Fusion vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Fusion Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fusion 2WD 110 95 108 116 111 105 Ford Fusion 4WD 115 85 120 88 77 71 Ford Fusion Hybrid 125 97 98 92 93 95 Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid 128 87 91 88 91 107
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Verify you're earning every discount
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get better car insurance rates.
- Early Switch Discount - Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Fusion insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Worcester Homeowners Discount - Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Cautious Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Military Discounts - Being on active deployment in the military may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings up to 30%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, federal employee, military active duty, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, and seat belt use.
- Travelers may include discounts for driver training, home ownership, multi-policy, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, good student, and continuous insurance.
- Nationwide offers discounts including business or organization, good student, family plan, multi-policy, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for youthful driver, business and professional, switch companies, good student, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, and homeowner.
- Esurance includes discounts for online quote, anti-theft, defensive driver, Pac-12 alumni, renters, and good driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include anti-theft, multi-car, ease of repair, type of vehicle, good student, and good driver.
When getting free Worcester car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every company how you can save money. A few discounts may not be offered in your area. To see car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Worcester, follow this link.
You may require the services of an insurance agent
Many people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to participating agents in Worcester who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Massachusetts?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Worcester?
- Is there a local claims center in Worcester?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
Below are Worcester auto insurance companies that are able to give rate quotes for Ford Fusion insurance in Worcester.
Allstate Insurance: Bill Rhines
1280 Main St - Worcester, MA 01603 - (508) 799-2600 - View Map
Save $420 a year? Really?
Massachusetts consumers can't avoid all the ads that claim the lowest prices by companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies seem to make the promise about how much you will save if you change your coverage to them.
But how can every company charge less that you're paying now? Just pay attention to how they say it.
All the different companies have underwriting criteria for the type of customer they prefer to insure. An example of this type of insured may need to be over age 30, has other policies, and does not commute to work. Anybody who fits that profile will get very good Worcester prices and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who do not meet these criteria will get more expensive rates and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ad wording is "customers who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" will save that much if they switch. That's the way companies can make claims that they all have the best prices. That is why you really need to compare price quotes frequently. It's impossible to know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Ford Fusion insurance in Worcester.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is a little different and your auto insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Who is covered when they drive my Ford Fusion?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Massachusetts?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Worcester?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Affordable auto insurance rates are out there
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can compare Ford Fusion insurance premium rates in Worcester. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Ford Fusion insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Cost effective Ford Fusion insurance can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in Worcester, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Company Car in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Massachusetts Car Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Springfield, MA? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Massachusetts Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)