Do you need a better way to compare low-cost Nissan Altima insurance in Worcester? Having to pay for pricey auto insurance in Worcester can deplete your budget and force you to prioritize other expenses. Doing a rate comparison can help to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most Massachusetts auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. American drivers can cut their rates by roughly 47% a year, but they don't invest the time required to find cheap auto insurance rates.
Companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO continually hit you with ads and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and take the time to shop coverage around.
It's important to do price comparisons on a regular basis since insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best rate on Nissan Altima insurance in Worcester a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the things you must know in order to find lower rates on auto insurance.
The most recommended method to get policy rate comparisons for Nissan Altima insurance in Worcester takes advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details such as how much education you have, if a SR-22 is needed, whether you have decent credit, and driver ages. Those rating factors is instantly submitted to multiple companies and they provide comparison quotes quickly.
To compare multiple company affordable Nissan Altima insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Worcester.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Massachusetts. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$432||$314||$18||$94||$1,080||$90|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$590||$404||$24||$122||$1,394||$116|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$296||$564||$344||$20||$104||$1,328||$111|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$204||$406||$396||$24||$118||$1,148||$96|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$282||$502||$340||$20||$102||$1,246||$104|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$314||$690||$386||$22||$116||$1,528||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect prices substantially.
How high should deductibles be?
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Nissan Altima insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Nissan Altima insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Discounts can help to save on Nissan Altima insurance in Worcester
Some companies do not list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Distant Student Discount - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Worcester and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Worcester car insurance but check with your company.
- Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers that enable driving data submission to look at vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking time to complete a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Smart Student Discounts - Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you better prices if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple autos, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, good student, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-policy, safety features, exclusive group savings, newly married, new graduate, new vehicle discount, and good student.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, vehicle fuel type, good student, and driver training.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
Double check with every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To choose insurers that offer discounts in Massachusetts, click this link.
Why you need insurance for your Nissan vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Nissan Altima in Worcester, insurance is required in Massachusetts but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Altima with a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
It's not one size fits all
When it comes to adequate coverage, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Massachusetts?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What are good deductibles for a Nissan Altima?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Massachusetts?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Getting quotes from local Worcester insurance agents
A lot of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Worcester.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Worcester who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won't even need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
When searching for a local agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agents in Worcester can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in Worcester that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company's prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Worcester that can give you price quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Bill Rhines
1280 Main St - Worcester, MA 01603 - (508) 799-2600 - View Map
Choosing a car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Worcester?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?