How many years has it been since you compared lower-priced auto insurance rates in Boston, MA? Boston buyers have many options when searching for low-cost Dodge Ram insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online so we're going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for your Dodge and obtain the best price possible either online or from Boston insurance agents.
It's a great practice to do rate comparisons quite often because insurance rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the lowest rate on Dodge Ram insurance in Boston a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. You'll find a ton of advice on Ram insurance on the internet, but we're going to give you some good information on how to slash your auto insurance rates in Boston.
All major car insurance companies provide price estimates directly from their websites. Getting online rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Boston is quite simple as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information into the form. Once you submit the form, the quote system collects your driving and credit reports and quotes a price.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in Boston helps simplify price comparisons, and it's necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the most affordable premium.
To find out what other companies charge, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the coverage information as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison for exact coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Massachusetts. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$282||$490||$456||$28||$136||$1,392||$116|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$154||$282||$426||$26||$128||$1,016||$85|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$206||$274||$494||$30||$148||$1,152||$96|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$292||$436||$378||$22||$114||$1,242||$104|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$270||$350||$494||$30||$148||$1,292||$108|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$292||$436||$378||$22||$114||$1,242||$104|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$228||$370||$362||$22||$108||$1,090||$91|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$204||$344||$396||$24||$118||$1,086||$91|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$182||$292||$356||$22||$106||$958||$80|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$294||$508||$510||$30||$152||$1,494||$125|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$194||$316||$386||$22||$116||$1,034||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$206||$352||$362||$22||$108||$1,050||$88|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$354||$704||$456||$28||$136||$1,678||$140|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$370||$512||$494||$30||$148||$1,554||$130|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$330||$564||$390||$24||$116||$1,424||$119|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$228||$406||$426||$26||$128||$1,214||$101|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$206||$352||$362||$22||$108||$1,050||$88|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$172||$316||$396||$24||$118||$1,026||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$280||$608||$426||$26||$128||$1,468||$122|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$280||$608||$426||$26||$128||$1,468||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can change insurance rates substantially.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and accident claims impact Dodge Ram auto insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Discounts can help to save on Dodge Ram insurance in Boston
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise every available discount very clearly, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you don't get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Paper-free Discount - Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Discount for Good Grades - Being a good student may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Early Signing - A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to your current Ram insurance policy expiration. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Responsible Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
Popular insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, seat belt use, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, student away at school, good driver, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance discounts include renters, online quote, Switch & Save, good student, online shopper, safety device, and good driver.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, bundle, good student, defensive driver, and air bag.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Boston. To locate insurers that offer many of these discounts in Massachusetts, follow this link.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but others are more transparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- Cheaper prices for prior coverage - Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a fast way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Massachusetts motor vehicle department.
- Save money with high credit - Having a bad credit rating can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit score can be improved, you may save money insuring your Dodge Ram by improving your credit score. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit.
- Youthful vs. older drivers - Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.Drivers with little experience are proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
- More stress means more cost - Jobs like fire fighters, police officers, and accountants have the highest average rates in part from high stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs like farmers, engineers and retirees receive lower rates.
You may want advice from an insurance agent
Some people still like to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from small agencies is still important in Boston.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Boston who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Auto insurance agents in Boston come in two varieties
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can insure your vehicles, but it's important to know the subtle differences since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Featured below are Boston independent agencies that may be able to provide free price quotes.
- Meridian Insurance Agency, LLC
175 William F McClellan Hwy #112 - East Boston, MA 02128 - (617) 567-5710 - View Map
- Metro Boston Insurance Agency
78 Bennington St - Boston, MA 02128 - (617) 561-3191 - View Map
- State Fund Insurance
#1601, 100 Summer St - Boston, MA 02110 - (617) 956-9999 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Boston who can help you get price quote information.
- AAA Boston
125 High St - Boston, MA 02110 - (617) 443-9300 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A - Boston, MA 02125 - (617) 442-9490 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Where would glass claims be handled in Boston?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you might need professional guidance.
- Is my Dodge Ram covered if I use it for business?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Massachusetts?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
The auto insurance bait and switch
Massachusetts consumers can't ignore all the ads for cheaper auto insurance from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads advertise the message of big savings if you change to them.
How does every auto insurance company lower your rates? This is the way they can do it.
Insurance providers have a certain "appetite" for the type of customer that earns them the highest profit. One example of a profitable customer could be over the age of 50, has had continuous coverage, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A driver that meets those criteria is entitled to the best price and most likely will save if they switch.
Drivers who do not match the ideal profile will see higher premiums with the end result being the customer not buying. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "customers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" can save as much as they claim. That's why companies can make those claims.
This emphasizes why you need to compare free Boston car insurance quotes often. It is impossible to guess which insurance companies will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
You just learned some good ideas how you can find lower-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Boston. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cost effective Dodge Ram insurance is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Boston agents, so you need to shop Boston car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don't offer online quoting and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent or delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More learning opportunities
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Massachusetts Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Massachusetts Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Massachusetts Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- How Much are Massachusetts Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)