How long have you put off shopping around for low-cost Chevy Cruze insurance in Springfield? Overpriced Chevrolet Cruze insurance in Springfield can take a big chunk out of your monthly budget and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Comparing price quotes is an excellent way to lower your bills every month.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, a large majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Massachusetts drivers could save almost $600 each year, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Many insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it's not easy to compare every insurance company and get the best coverage at the cheapest price on Chevy Cruze insurance in Springfield.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using these methods. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Springfield is quite easy. But Massachusetts vehicle owners must learn the way companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
All major insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get price estimates on the web. Doing online quotes for Chevy Cruze insurance in Springfield is fairly simple as you simply enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, the quote system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information. This simplifies rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the most affordable premium.
To use this form to compare rates, check out the insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you're receiving a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Springfield, MA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability if you want to drive legally. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $700 annually so you should quote rates at least once a year to save money.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating car insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you better car insurance rates. Many factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Liability protection limits on your policy - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- The type of car you drive affects your rates - The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in your rates. The most favorable rates will generally be found on smaller low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors. Due to the fact that the Chevrolet Cruze is classified as a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Springfield.
- With age comes responsibility - Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.Youthful drivers have been known to be inattentive when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save - Protection for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', helps pay for damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims could be a broken side mirror, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Stay claim-free and save - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in Massachusetts generally give the lowest premiums to people who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Drive less and get lower costs - The more miles you rack up on your Chevy annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your Cruze can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your declarations sheet correctly shows the correct driver usage.
- Always keep your coverage in place - Going without insurance is a quick way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Massachusetts motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Discounts for multiple policies - Most major companies will award a discount for people that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, it's always a smart idea to compare Chevy Cruze rates in Springfield to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Claims statistics for a Chevy Cruze - Auto insurance companies analyze past claim statistics in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Verify you're earning every discount
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be available discounts that many people don't even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Good Grades Discount - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Multiple Cars - Insuring all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Club Memberships - Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Springfield auto insurance quote.
- Bundle and Save - When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you inexpensive Chevrolet Cruze insurance in Springfield.
- Federal Government Employee - Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
Auto insurance companies that have most of the discounts above include:
If you are trying to find the cheapest Chevrolet Cruze rate quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Springfield. To choose companies that offer many of these discounts in Springfield, click here to view.
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. You are unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is other people's property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Does my Chevy Cruze need full coverage?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
When should I get advice from an insurance agent?
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and also buy local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Springfield.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Springfield that provide free Springfield auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find a good Springfield insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you should always get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Springfield that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
Fred C Froebel Insurance
321 Park St - West Springfield, MA 01089 - (413) 781-7075 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type write business for a single company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are trained well on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Springfield that are able to give rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Ly Nguyen Cunningham
876 Sumner Ave - Springfield, MA 01108 - (413) 746-2300 - View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Any good agent in Springfield should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is there a local claims center in Springfield?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Springfield?
Don't give up on cheap rates
Cost effective Chevy Cruze insurance can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to lower your Chevy Cruze insurance prices in Springfield. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from a small mutual company.
More information can be found below:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Ford Escape in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Massachusetts Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Weymouth, MA? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)