Want to learn how to find more affordable Toyota Corolla insurance in Springfield? Feel like you have an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Trust us, many Springfield consumers feel financially strained by their insurance policy.
It's shocking but 70% of consumers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never shopped around. American drivers could save themselves roughly $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rates online. Numerous auto insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to find the lowest rate possible on Toyota Corolla insurance in Springfield.
Consumers need to shop coverage around occasionally since insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal on Toyota Corolla insurance in Springfield a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. You can find a lot of wrong information about Corolla insurance on the web, but you can learn some tested techniques to buy insurance cheaper in Springfield.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want cheaper rates, use these money-saving tips to buy cheaper auto insurance without having to cut coverage. Choosing the best rates in Springfield is much easier if you know where to start. Consumers only need an understanding of the proper methods to compare prices from many companies at once.
All major car insurance companies allow you to get prices for coverage on their websites. Comparing Toyota Corolla insurance rates online doesn't take much effort because you just enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. When complete, their rating system sends out for credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on these factors. Using the web to get rates for Toyota Corolla insurance in Springfield makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the lowest payment on car insurance.
In order to compare pricing, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will have rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Massachusetts. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you get prices from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can alter coverage prices greatly.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders increase Toyota Corolla insurance costs for each age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Toyota Corolla insurance prices for different age groups. The data is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Toyota Corolla insurance premiums by gender and age
The example below shows the comparison of Toyota Corolla auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Choosing the best Toyota vehicle insurance in Massachusetts is an important decision
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance serves an important purpose.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Toyota Corolla, almost all lenders will force you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Corolla more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Massachusetts overpays more than $850 per year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
The Toyota Corolla Insurance Price Equation
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the elements that help calculate your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
Continuous car insurance coverage lowers rates - Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse is a fast way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time.
If you don't need it don't buy it - Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Type of vehicle determines base rates - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The most favorable rates are usually found on smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price. Due to the fact that the Toyota Corolla is a sedan, insurance will be about the same than the average rate where you live in Springfield.
What's your car's IIHS safety rating? - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Toyota Corolla earned at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
Insurance loss data for a Toyota Corolla - Insurers use statistical claims data when setting premium costs. Vehicles that tend to have higher loss trends will cost more for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Toyota Corolla vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Corolla Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper rates on Toyota Corolla insurance in Springfield with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every possible discount very clearly, so we researched some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Springfield auto insurance online.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Own a Home - Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Membership in Organizations - Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when getting a Springfield auto insurance quote.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower auto insurance rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Good Student - Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Drivers who insure several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for New Cars - Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because newer models are generally safer.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Springfield drivers who agree to allow their auto insurance company to study driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, air bags, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for safe driver, economy car, resident student, premier plus, and EZ pay plan discount.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, multi-car, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, and drive less.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for renewal discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe driver, driver training, good student, and 55 and retired.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, good driver, multi-car, good student, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in every state. To see a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Massachusetts, click here.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Many people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Springfield who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to you instantly. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
If you are wanting to find a local Springfield insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agencies are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it's good to learn how they are different since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. They are usually well trained on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Springfield who may provide you with rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Ly Nguyen Cunningham
876 Sumner Ave - Springfield, MA 01108 - (413) 746-2300 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance prices, it's a good idea to include at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Springfield that can give you price quote information.
672 Dickinson St - Springfield, MA 01108 - (413) 731-6782 - View Map
Fred C Froebel Insurance
321 Park St - West Springfield, MA 01089 - (413) 781-7075 - View Map
One last note
Cheaper Toyota Corolla insurance in Springfield can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Springfield auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to shop for Toyota Corolla insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Springfield auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Business Use in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)