Paying for high-priced Dodge Ram insurance in Springfield can sap your accounts and maybe even restrict other spending. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to make ends meet.
Sadly, nearly 70% of drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Springfield drivers could cut their rates by 45% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to compare rate quotes.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, Progressive and Allstate continually hit you with advertising and consumers find it hard to ignore the flashy ads and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas presented in this article. Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Springfield seems hard but is not really that difficult. But Massachusetts consumers do need to know how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web.
Save with these discounts on Dodge Ram insurance in Springfield
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a new Ram is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Save over 55 - Seniors may qualify for reduced rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
It's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don't profit that way.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-policy.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, good student, and claim-free.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for anti-theft, professional/association, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, good student, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide may include discounts for easy pay, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, and accident-free.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good driver, and multi-car.
It's a good idea to ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Springfield. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in Massachusetts, click here to view.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Springfield takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like your credit rating estimate, your occupation, types of safety features, and if you lease or own. Your insurance information is sent automatically to many of the top insurers and they return quotes within a short period of time.
To find lower lower-cost Dodge Ram insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Massachusetts. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$254||$412||$456||$28||$136||$1,286||$107|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$280||$536||$426||$26||$128||$1,396||$116|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$266||$400||$390||$24||$116||$1,196||$100|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$296||$478||$390||$24||$116||$1,304||$109|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$280||$536||$426||$26||$128||$1,396||$116|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$312||$586||$490||$30||$146||$1,564||$130|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$174||$268||$386||$22||$116||$966||$81|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$176||$314||$456||$28||$136||$1,110||$93|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$292||$436||$378||$22||$114||$1,242||$104|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$196||$370||$456||$28||$136||$1,186||$99|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$282||$520||$362||$22||$108||$1,294||$108|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$258||$476||$456||$28||$136||$1,354||$113|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$256||$406||$386||$22||$116||$1,186||$99|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$228||$322||$494||$30||$148||$1,222||$102|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$312||$630||$426||$26||$128||$1,522||$127|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$324||$512||$378||$22||$114||$1,350||$113|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$296||$472||$390||$24||$116||$1,298||$108|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$402||$752||$510||$30||$152||$1,846||$154|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$204||$396||$356||$22||$106||$1,084||$90|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$192||$420||$490||$30||$146||$1,278||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can impact premium rates significantly.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Lots of things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but some are less apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that help calculate car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the items that factor into prices.
- Does insurance coverage cost less for females? - Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women get in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Experienced drivers pay less - Young drivers in Massachusetts are statistically shown to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Adding a first-time driver onto your car insurance can break the bank. Older people are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- The type of car you drive affects your premiums - The type of car you own makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Since the Dodge Ram is considered a pickup truck, insurance will be similar in price than the average rate where you live in Springfield. Low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- High coverage deductibles equal low rates - Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Dodge. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a broken side mirror, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Single drivers take more risk - Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when buying car insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Maintain car insurance coverage - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Massachusetts motor vehicle department.
- Do you have a demanding occupation? - Occupations such as lawyers, air traffic controllers, and stock brokers have higher rates than average because of high stress levels and long work hours. Conversely, occupations such as actors, historians and homemakers get better rates.
Comparing prices from local Springfield auto insurance agents
Many people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important especially in Springfield.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Springfield who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. It's the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Springfield, get answers to these questions.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- If they are an independent agency in Springfield, which companies do they recommend?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Here's why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Dodge, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge for a lot more money and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Dodge Ram and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Ram definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $825 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
When shopping online for auto insurance, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured cut liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to reduce Dodge Ram insurance premium rates online in Springfield. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Other learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Massachusetts Car Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Massachusetts Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- How Much is Massachusetts Car Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Chicopee, Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Worcester, Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)