How many times have you put off comparing quotes for low-cost Ford Focus insurance in Springfield? Are you at wits end from scraping the payment together to make your car insurance payment? You are in the same boat as the majority of other people in Massachusetts.
A recent survey discovered that over 70% of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Springfield could save $590 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to shop around.
Popular companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO increase brand awareness with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will definitely be able to save money using these methods. Choosing the best rates in Springfield can be easy if you know a few tricks. But Massachusetts drivers do need to know how the larger insurance companies determine prices and use it to find better rates.
All major auto insurance companies give coverage prices on their websites. Getting online quotes for Ford Focus insurance in Springfield doesn't take much effort as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their system requests your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information. Being able to quote online for Ford Focus insurance in Springfield simplifies rate comparisons, and it's very important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for lower-cost auto insurance pricing.
To quickly compare pricing, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate your coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will get a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Springfield, MA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$404||$404||$24||$122||$1,134||$95|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$432||$452||$26||$136||$1,250||$104|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$108||$268||$314||$18||$94||$802||$67|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$120||$316||$378||$22||$114||$950||$79|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$222||$508||$356||$22||$106||$1,214||$101|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$182||$322||$494||$30||$148||$1,176||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase price quotes substantially.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums in Springfield
The information below visualizes the comparison of Ford Focus premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Focus in Springfield, paying for car insurance is required in Massachusetts but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Focus outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford Focus insurance in Springfield
Some providers don't always advertise all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious insurance savings. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Safety Course Discount - Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Good Student - Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Distant Student - Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Springfield and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Drivers Education - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver's education class in school.
- Low Miles Discount - Low annual miles can qualify you for lower insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- New Car Discount - Putting coverage on a new Focus can be considerably cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with the best Ford Focus insurance discounts in Springfield in Springfield, click here.
Insurance agencies can help
A lot of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and also buy local.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won't need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking a insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Massachusetts?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Springfield?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If you're not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents. More affordable car insurance in Springfield is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Springfield, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
As you shop your coverage around, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to find lower-cost Ford Focus insurance in Springfield. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Ford Focus rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Massachusetts Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)