Do you want to stop overpaying and find the cheapest Toyota Camry insurance in Springfield? Have you had enough of not being able to afford each month for car insurance? You're in the same situation as most other consumers in Massachusetts.
Unbelievably, nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. Springfield drivers could cut their rates by $600 a year just by comparing rates, but they think it's difficult to compare rates online.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings with ad campaigns and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
Compare Toyota Camry insurance rates
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies will improve the odds of getting the best price.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Springfield, MA. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can modify coverage prices substantially.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Toyota Camry auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Physical damage deductibles
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Toyota Camry insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The example below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders raise Toyota Camry auto insurance rates for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper Toyota Camry insurance in Springfield with discounts
Some providers don't always advertise all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- New Car Discount - Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles could earn discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Toyota Camry insurance in Springfield.
- Senior Citizens - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a slight reduction on a Springfield car insurance quote.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Esurance discounts include renters, good student, anti-theft, Switch & Save, safety device, and DriveSense.
- The Hartford has savings for vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, and bundle.
- AAA includes discounts for good driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, multi-car, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, driver training, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, passive restraint, good driver, and safe vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your area. To locate companies that offer many of these discounts in Springfield, click here.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the high cost, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota Camry has a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing coverage, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Should I buy only the required Massachusetts minimum liability coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Who is covered when they drive my Toyota Camry?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Local agents and auto insurance
Many people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Springfield.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Springfield that give free quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you. You'll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Insurance agent types
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies in Springfield are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you include a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below are independent agencies in Springfield who can help you get price quotes.
1381 Plumtree Rd - Springfield, MA 01119 - (413) 782-7814 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Springfield that can give you price quote information.
Allstate Insurance: Ly Nguyen Cunningham
876 Sumner Ave - Springfield, MA 01108 - (413) 746-2300 - View Map
Picking an insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?