Want to save money and find more competitive Ford Escape insurance in Worcester? If you are new to online auto insurance, you can be baffled due to the large selection of local and online companies that all promise to save you money.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in the United States could save as much as $860 each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
You need to shop coverage around once or twice a year because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the lowest rates on Ford Escape insurance in Worcester a year ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because it's time to teach you one of the best ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Worcester is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Virtually every car owner who wants cheaper car insurance will get a lower-priced policy. But Massachusetts drivers must learn the way companies price insurance differently and use it to your advantage.
When shopping for low cost Worcester auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from different companies. The best method to do a complete rate comparison is to jump online and get quotes. When comparing car insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes helps improve the odds of finding a better price. Some companies don't provide rate quotes online, so you also need to get quotes from them, too.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Worcester, MA. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$158||$224||$372||$22||$112||$888||$74|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$140||$240||$268||$16||$80||$744||$62|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$176||$304||$272||$16||$82||$850||$71|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$222||$354||$268||$16||$80||$940||$78|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$294||$358||$372||$22||$112||$1,158||$97|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$222||$426||$298||$18||$90||$1,054||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can influence rates substantially.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Ford Escape car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no exact formula to stop buying comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Ford Escape claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $600 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders can influence Ford Escape auto insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance rates based on gender in Worcester
The example below compares Ford Escape insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Escape insurance, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Escape with a loan, most lenders will force you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford for a lot more money and require you to fork over for it.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Ford Escape. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower rates by qualifying for these ten discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before they will apply. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Data Collection Discounts - Worcester drivers who agree to allow their company to spy on driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Save over 55 - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a slight reduction on a Worcester auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Life Insurance Discount - Select companies reward you with a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive may permit one accident before your rates go up as long as you don't have any claims for a specific time period.
- Membership in Organizations - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
Some of the larger companies who may offer some of the above discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Worcester. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Massachusetts, click this link.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- When should I not file a claim?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Compare rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Worcester auto insurance agent
Some consumers would rather buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that provide free Worcester auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around because prices are sent to your email. You'll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Worcester?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- What discounts might you be missing?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Worcester
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it's helpful to know the types of agencies that you can select. Agents can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can usually just insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Worcester that are able to give price quotes.
- AAA Worcester
25 Mountain St E - Worcester, MA 01606 - (508) 853-7000 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Paul D. Wasgatt
59 Green St - Worcester, MA 01604 - (508) 753-6638 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Therich Besong
455 Lincoln St - Worcester, MA 01605 - (508) 852-2222 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When comparing car insurance rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Worcester willing to provide rate quotes.
- Sullivan, Garrity and Donnelly SGandD
2 Eastern Ave - Worcester, MA 01613 - (800) 287-8501 - View Map
- Cantiani Insurance
318 Plantation St - Worcester, MA 01604 - (508) 791-2088 - View Map
- Braley and Wellington Ins Agcy Inc
44 Park Ave - Worcester, MA 01609 - (508) 754-7255 - View Map
What car insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage - Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as rock chips in glass, theft and hitting a deer. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision - This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Escape from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Escape to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP - Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills such as nursing services, dental work, doctor visits and X-ray expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage - This gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since many Massachusetts drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (20/40/5), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Auto liability insurance - Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 20/40/5 which means $20,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $40,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as bail bonds, court costs and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Massachusetts requires drivers to carry at least 20/40/5 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
Cheap insurance premiums are out there
Budget-conscious Ford Escape insurance is definitely available on the web and with local Worcester insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
You just read many ideas to save on Ford Escape insurance in Worcester. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Ford Escape in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Massachusetts? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Massachusetts Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Weymouth, MA? (FAQ)
- How Much are Massachusetts Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)